Savory Prosciutto Di Parma & Arugula Waffles
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup ground Semolina flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp dried mustard powder
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6-8 slices smoked prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of creme fraiche
- 1 stick of scallions
- 1 cup arugula
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and dry mustard powder in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined, then set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, and olive oil in a separate bowl until smooth. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well until all the flour is absorbed and there are no lumps. Fold in beaten egg whites until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of batter onto each compartment of the waffle maker. Spread the batter out over the base with a spoon. Cook until golden brown.
- Set the waffle on a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Combine the creme fraiche and scallions.
- To plate, set the waffle in the center of the dish, and add arugula and prosciutto on top.
- Finish with a dollop of the creme fraiche mixture.